The Cambridge Preparatory Academy is an international, pre-university curriculum and examination system that emphasizes the value of a broad and balanced study for academically able students. Academy students can earn an AICE Diploma if they earn 6 credits by testing in six AICE level courses by the end of their senior year.
In 9th and 10th grade, diploma candidate students must a take a minimum of 4 core PreAICE classes (English, social studies, math, science).
In 11th and 12th grade, diploma candidate students must take a minimum of 3 core AICE classes (English, social studies, math, or science)
The Cambridge Programme forms the basis of advanced coursework at Federal Way High School. We offer Cambridge courses in English, social studies, science, math, world languages, graphic design, and nutrition.
Cambridge diploma candidate students:
* Must complete an application to the program
* Plan to earn an AICE Diploma
* Take a minimum of 4 core PreAICE classes in 9th & 10th grade
* Take a minimum of 3 core PreAICE classes in 11th & 12th grade
Cambridge non-diploma students:
* Designed for students who want rigorous coursework in certain classes
* Can take any Cambridge classes for which they have completed the prerequisites
* Have the option to take the test at the end (AVID students are required to take the exam)
* Recommendation: From a math teacher and either a language or a science teacher.
* Standardized tests: Strong performance on all middle school state tests.
* Grades: B grades or better in all academic areas.
* Application: Complete and submit the student application form, including essays
* Algebra 1: Complete Algebra 1 (or its equivalent) by the end of 8th grade.
* Honor code: Sign “Testing Honor Code”
1. Fill out application packet
2. Collect the student’s most recent report card and standardized test scores.
3. Give a copy of teacher recommendation form to TWO of the student’s current teachers.
4. Submit (mail or deliver) a complete application packet to the Cambridge Preparatory Academy building coordinator at FWHS:
Federal Way High School
30611 16th Ave. S
Federal Way, WA 98003