Please join us at our annual dessert concert benefit on February 7th at 7:30pm in the cafeteria.
- Illahee Middle School Jazz Ensemble
- Shorewood Christian School Jazz Band
- Guest Artists- Jeffrey Chang, Shawn Schlogel, Chris Jones, Josh Howle
Tickets can be purchased for $5.00 at the Illahee Finance Window or at the door. All proceeds benefit the IMS bands.
See the full flyer here: Evening of swing
5th GRADE INFORMATION NIGHT
Do you have a 4th grader? Our 5th Grade Program Parent Information Night will be Thursday, February 5th at 6:00pm in the 5th grade classroom, room 406.
2015 Parent 4th Grade Letter
More info here:
5th Grade Program page
Boys Basketball begins next week! If interested, please review the following try-out information to make sure everything is in order by try-outs!
Tryout Schedule: (7th & 8th graders only)
- Monday, February 2nd (2:20-4:15)
- Tuesday, February 3rd (2:20-4:15)
- Wednesday, February 4th (2:20-4:15) 1st Cuts Made
- Thursday, February 5th (2:20-4:15) JV/Varsity Selected
**Missing a day of tryouts or leaving early will make it very difficult to evaluate your skills so it is very important that you are there the entire time.
How to be eligible for Tryouts:
- Current physical on file in the office (Good for 2 years)
- Concussion form filled out and on file in the office (1 per year)
- Participation form filled out and turned in to the office (1 per year)
- Current travel card turned in to coaches (Required to ride the bus)
- Fine Free and ASB membership paid for 2014-2015
- Mrs. McNutt will check you off if you have everything completed. Check in the office even if you played football or wrestled to make sure you are eligible for basketball.
Read the full try-out information letter here:Bball Try-out Info 2015
The Parent Preview date for the HIV/AIDS KNOW Curriculum for 2015 is:
Wednesday, February 11th, 2015, 6:30-7:30 pm
@ ESC Building, Room 104
Educational Service Center, 33330 8th Ave. South, Federal Way
- Is your student intellectually engaged and highly involved in activities?
- Is your student not just TOP of the group, but BEYOND the group?
- Does your student absorb information and then manipulate it?
- Does your student think creatively to solve problems?
- Does your student think independently and at times challenge authority?
- Does your student take risks consistently because he/she wants to know what will happen?
Students who perform two standard deviations above their FWPS peers’ norm on district and state assessments will be considered for the Highly Capable Program. Students who are nominated will be assessed on a cognitive achievement test if their State and District tests are not two standard deviations above the norm.
*Students who are already identified for HCP will keep that designation; it is unnecessary to nominate them.
The 1st-11th grade HCP nomination window will be open from Monday, January 12th, through Monday, January 26th.
FWPS Counselor Dave Wilson will be leading a STEP Teen; Systematic Training for Effective Parenting of Teenagers class and support group one evening per week for 10 weeks beginning the last week of October.
Your middle school student is about to change. Get ready.
Call Dave Wilson at 253-945-3798 or email email@example.com for details.
Click here for more information: Parent Support Group
The Directory Information Form #206 is available from the school office. This form only needs to be completed and returned if the parent/guardian wishes to restrict the release of Directory Information for their student. This would include information such as: online instruction for class work, district publications, website, and news media, school publications, such as yearbooks, and providing contact information to outside organizations.
If you would like to complete a form please stop by the main office as soon as possible. These forms need to be turned in ASAP to prevent future publications.
Associated Student Body (ASB) financial data is available here.
LINK TO: ASB Financial Data