35827 32nd Avenue S.
Auburn, WA 98001
Phone: (253) 945-3000
Tie Spirit Day
Mar 27 9:15am 10:15am
Self Manager Assembly
Bobcat Spirit Day
Apr 3 9:00am 10:00am
Coffee with Admins
Apr 6 to Apr 10
No School - Spring Break
SBAC Informational Coffee with Principal
Our principal, Julie Ray, will be giving a ton of information about the upcoming state test called Smarter Balance (SBAC). This is a new state assessment that is taken entirely online. The coffee will be at 9:00 AM on March 26th.
Track Season is Here!
All track meets will be held at Federal Way High School Memorial Stadium. Students must have parental supervision at all meets. Come and cheer on the Lakeland Bobcats! The schedule is:
- Ron Mattila Classic: Saturday, March 28th — 3rd-5th grade, 1:15-3:15 p.m. and K-2, 3:30-5:30 p.m.
- Qualifying Meet (3-5): Saturday, April 25th at 8:00 a.m.
- District Meet (K-2): Saturday, April 25th at 2:30 p.m.
- Championship Meet (qualifiers only): Saturday, May 16th at 8:00 a.m.
Battle of the Books
Lakeland will be having our annual Battle of the Books on April 14th in the commons. The district Battle of the Books will be on April 23rd!
Kindergarten Registration Is Open!
Kindergarten registration is open for the 2015-2016 school year. All kindergarten classes at Lakeland are full day. Requirements to start kindergarten on September 2, 2015 are:
- Child must be 5 years of age on or before August 31, 2015.
- Immunizations must be up-to-date, as follows:
- Hepatitis B—3 doses (last doses at age 24 months or older).
- DTaP/Tdap/Td—5 doses (if last dose is after 4th birthday, dose 5 is not needed).
- Polio (IPV)—4 doses (if last dose is after age 4, dose 4 is not needed).
- Varicella—2 doses (both doses must be after the first birthday).
- MMR—2 doses (both doses must be after the first birthday).
- Parent must provide proof of residency.
- Child’s original certified copy of the birth certificate is required (not a hospital copy).
- Please bring your vaccination record with you.
- Parent must notify school nurse of any serious health concerns.
- Preschool enrollment opens February 18, 2015 for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Tuition Preschool at Lakeland:
- Spaces are limited at Lakeland. Students must be three years old before September 1, 2015. Students must be good language peer models for the deaf and hard of hearing students in the program and be 3 or 4 years of age. Applicants will be screened for language before being accepted. Each student will have opportunities to learn sign language within the preschool. All immunizations must be up-to-date and a certified copy of the birth certificate is required. Current cost is $1900 for the school year, 9 payments of approximately $210.00.
- Enroll at the school site. Current locations are: Brigadoon, Camelot, Enterprise, Lakeland, Meredith Hill, Rainier View, Twin Lakes & Wildwood For more information: http://www.fwps.org/districtresources/preschool/
- Free Preschool for Income Eligible Families
- Head Start and ECEAP: For an application email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 253 945-2379. Paper copies will be available for download from the website, at some schools and the FWPS district office -33330 8th Ave South.
- Classrooms are currently located at: Brigadoon, Decatur HS, Norman Center, Sherwood Forest, Star Lake, Thomas Jefferson HS, Truman Center, & Woodmont.
- For more information: http://www.fwps.org/districtresources/headstart/
Report Cards were sent home on Friday, February 6th. Please review the report with your son or daughter and return the envelope to your child’s teacher. Some teachers are requiring a signature on the envelope to ensure you received it.
Mid-Winter Break is coming up on February 16th and 17th this year. There is no school on these days. We hope you enjoy your long President’s Day weekend! School will resume on Wednesday, February 18th.
Class Pictures & Individual Photos are scheduled for February 26th. Remember to wear your best smile for your picture!
Todd Beamer High School, Sequoyah Middle School, Rainier View Elementary and Lakeland Elementary are all closed today due to a power outage impacting all four schools. Be safe and stay warm!
You will soon be receiving information regarding your student’s Student-Led Conference. Please look for conference information in your student’s red folder. Conferences will be held on Thursday, November 6th and Friday, November 7th. Although students do not attend classes these days, they are expected to attend Student-Led conferences, as the days count toward the mandatory 180 school days. We are hoping to have 100% attendance.
Your Student’s Class Assignment is on ParentVUE.
If you have not already set up a ParentVUE account for your child you will need to in order to see their class assignment. Please remember that a class assignment might be changed if circumstances require it!
How to access ParentVUE:
- Go to http://grades.fwps.org
- Click on “I am a Parent.”
- Click on the link to create an account.
- Accept the privacy statement, then enter your first and last name exactly as shown at the top of the letter you received in the mail, along with the activation key provided in the letter.
- You will be prompted to choose a user name and password, provide an email address and complete your account-set-up. Each parent will receive his/her own separate activation key, if he/she is listed in our records system. Your student will receive his/her StudentVUE log-in information at school.
ParentVUE Support: email@example.com Please include student name, ID number and date of birth for verification purposes