Announcing Lakeland’s 8th Annual Talent Show!!!
Show us your talent! Talent forms can be found/turned in by Mrs. Keller’s door and are due by April 29th. Due to the overwhelming success we have each year, we’d like to have more group talent, and less individual performances, if possible. If you have a talent that you, AND YOUR group, are very excited about, sign up together!
Talent Show Expectations:
- Family event: keep performances “G-rated”
- Be kind during rehearsals: no voices, no running, and sit quietly while awaiting your turn to rehearse
- Acts must be 3-4 minutes—no exceptions
- NOTE: If you are singing, provide the CDs and words along with your permission form so we can preview them for the “G-rating”; these are due with the permission form by April 29th, so that we have time to get back to you with the approval of the song as soon as possible.
- No vocals on CD’s-no lip sync; instrumental accompaniment only
- Piano accompaniment is available and highly recommended, but you must provide sheet music; some musical support is available, upon request.
- Have a ride here to pick you up at 4:20 on “try-out” and “rehearsal” nights
- DURING THE PERFORMANCE: All performers will sit together, as a group, before AND after their performance.
Important Dates to Remember! ! !
- Try-outs for individual talents (In the Music Room)
- 3:20 pm on Monday, May 4th
- Dress Rehearsal
- 3:20-5:00 pm on Monday, May 11th
- School Assembly
- Thursday, May 14th: 2:15-3:10
- Evening Performance
- Thursday, May 14th 6:15
- Performers may show up at 6:00. No earlier, please
SBAC Informational Coffee with Principal
Our principal, Julie Ray, will be giving a ton of information about the upcoming state test called Smarter Balance (SBAC). This is a new state assessment that is taken entirely online. The coffee will be at 9:00 AM on March 26th.
Track Season is Here!
All track meets will be held at Federal Way High School Memorial Stadium. Students must have parental supervision at all meets. Come and cheer on the Lakeland Bobcats! The schedule is:
- Ron Mattila Classic: Saturday, March 28th — 3rd-5th grade, 1:15-3:15 p.m. and K-2, 3:30-5:30 p.m.
- Qualifying Meet (3-5): Saturday, April 25th at 8:00 a.m.
- District Meet (K-2): Saturday, April 25th at 2:30 p.m.
- Championship Meet (qualifiers only): Saturday, May 16th at 8:00 a.m.
Battle of the Books
Lakeland will be having our annual Battle of the Books on April 14th in the commons. The district Battle of the Books will be on April 23rd!
Kindergarten Registration Is Open!
Kindergarten registration is open for the 2015-2016 school year. All kindergarten classes at Lakeland are full day. Requirements to start kindergarten on September 2, 2015 are:
- Child must be 5 years of age on or before August 31, 2015.
- Immunizations must be up-to-date, as follows:
- Hepatitis B—3 doses (last doses at age 24 months or older).
- DTaP/Tdap/Td—5 doses (if last dose is after 4th birthday, dose 5 is not needed).
- Polio (IPV)—4 doses (if last dose is after age 4, dose 4 is not needed).
- Varicella—2 doses (both doses must be after the first birthday).
- MMR—2 doses (both doses must be after the first birthday).
- Parent must provide proof of residency.
- Child’s original certified copy of the birth certificate is required (not a hospital copy).
- Please bring your vaccination record with you.
- Parent must notify school nurse of any serious health concerns.
Report Cards were sent home on Friday, February 6th. Please review the report with your son or daughter and return the envelope to your child’s teacher. Some teachers are requiring a signature on the envelope to ensure you received it.
Mid-Winter Break is coming up on February 16th and 17th this year. There is no school on these days. We hope you enjoy your long President’s Day weekend! School will resume on Wednesday, February 18th.
Class Pictures & Individual Photos are scheduled for February 26th. Remember to wear your best smile for your picture!
Todd Beamer High School, Sequoyah Middle School, Rainier View Elementary and Lakeland Elementary are all closed today due to a power outage impacting all four schools. Be safe and stay warm!
You will soon be receiving information regarding your student’s Student-Led Conference. Please look for conference information in your student’s red folder. Conferences will be held on Thursday, November 6th and Friday, November 7th. Although students do not attend classes these days, they are expected to attend Student-Led conferences, as the days count toward the mandatory 180 school days. We are hoping to have 100% attendance.