Federal Way Public Academy students will be dismissed at 1:00 PM on Wednesday, November 26th. Lunch will be served from 12:30 to 1:00 PM.
“Math is Cool” competitions include both individual and team events. This year the event was held at Tahoma High School near Maple Valley. Individual events include completion of open-ended and multiple choice problem sets. FWPA’s 7th grade team took second place in the team events. Team events include open-ended problem sets, relays, pressure rounds, mental math and college bowl rounds.
6th Graders! Remember the Brick Project is due
Tuesday November 18th!
Sixth grade students were issued the challenge of building a brick to Ancient Mesopotamian Standards.
The Standards Are:
- The Brick can be rolled to building sites without crumbling or falling apart.
- The Brick can withstand the weight of other bricks stacked on top of it.
- The Brick is dried so well that it does not wash away in the rain. (Some erosion did occur, but not enough to seriously weaken the bricks.)
- The Brick is made only of materials that were available in Ancient Mesopotamia.
To view the 2014-2015 FWPA Report to Colleges follow the link below. Report to Colleges
Our district is participating in the Washington State 2014 Healthy Youth Survey during the week of October 13th through the 17th.
The Healthy Youth survey includes questions related to physical activity and diet, unintentional and intentional injury, substance use, risk and protective factors, and access to school-based services. Survey results are used by schools, communities, and state agencies to plan programs to support our youth and reduce their risks.
The Healthy Youth Survey is given to students in grades 6, 8, 10, 12 across Washington State.
Participation in the survey is voluntary and the students’ answers are anonymous. Please read the Parent and Student Notification flyer for more information about the Healthy Youth Survey.
Get ready to head back to FWPA for the 2014-2015 school year.
- All students, did you complete your summer reading?
- Get a head start on the back to school paper work!
Annual Back to School Picnic September 2nd at 6:00 PM
School Resumes September 3rd 2014