Download FWPS app for important information regarding enrichment flyers, newsletters, important district and school paperwork, school supply lists, bus schedules and other important information. You will find this information through Peachjar flyers that can be accessed through the district app! Click here to view the district app in English and click here to view in Spanish.
Below is a list of Battle Books for the 2015-2016 school year. Get an early start on reading and read during the summer. Happy Reading!!
The Battle of the Books 2016 Selected Titles
YRC Nominees 2016
- Loki’s Wolves by K.L. Armstrong & M.A. Marr AR: 4.4 10pts F&P: T
- Colossus Rises by Peter Lerangis AR: 4.1 9pts
- Escape from Mr. Lemoncello’s Library by Chris Grabenstein AR: 4.5 7pts F&P: T
- Flora & Ulysses: The Illuminated Adventures by Kate DiCamillo AR: 4.3 5pts F&P: U
- Middle School: My Brother is a Big, Fat Liar by James Patterson AR: 3.7 4pts
- The Creature Department by Robert Paul Weston AR: 5.3 10pts
- Never Say Die by Hobbs, Will AR: 5.2 7pts
Sasquatch Nominees 2016
- Jinx by Sage Blackwood AR: 4.2 10pts
- Star Wars: Jedi Academy by Jeffrey Brown AR: 3.8 2pts
- Serafina’s Promise by Ann E. Burg AR: 3.6 3pts
- The Great Trouble by Deborah Hopkinson AR: 4.6 7pts F&P: X
- One for the Murphy’s by Lynda Mullaly Hunt AR: 3.4 6pts
- The Adventures of a South Pole Pig by Chris Kurtz AR: 4.6 6pts F&P: Q
- Rump by Liesl Shurtliff AR: 4.4 9pts
- The Screaming Staircase by Jonathan Stroud AR: 5.1 14pts
- The Prairie Thief by Melissa Wiley AR: 5.6 6pts
YRC & Sasquatch Titles Not chosen for the Battle of the Books
- Counting by 7s by Holly Goldberg Sloan AR: 6 10pts F&P: X
- Monster on the HIll by Rob Harrell AR: 2.8
- The Thing About Luck by Cynthia Kadohata AR: 4.7 7pts F&P: V
- The 14 Fibs of Gregory K. by Greg Pincus AR: 5.1 6 pts
Panther Lake’s last day of school is Tuesday, June 16th. Dismissal is at 11:10am. Students will take home report cards on the last day. Enjoy your summer break and happy reading!!
Panther Lake’s 5th grade celebration will be held on Thursday, June 1tth, from 5:30pm-6:30pm. Music concert will be held first, followed by a celebration with cake and punch. Please do not bring balloons and noisemakers. Thank you and look forward to seeing you there!
Panther Lake’s Talent will be held on June 5th from 6:15pm to 7:15 pm in the gym. All participants should arrive at 6:00pm.
Tryouts: April 0th and May 4th during recess.
Rehearsals will be during lunch recess. There will be an all participant rehearsal on June 3rd from 2:10 to 3:20pm.
Click here to view SBAC testing schedule for Panther Lake’s 2014-2015 school year.
Click here to view the 3rd grade Smarter Balanced letter that will be sent home prior to our testing.
Families that would like to look at examples of different grade level SBAC practice tests click here. Once you open the link for the practice test, make sure you click the sign in button.
There is a 4th grade SBAC information night for parents and families that have questions or would like more information on April 20th.
Please join us for Panther Lake’s Family Reading night, this Thursday, March 5th from 6-7:30 p.m.. We will have literacy activities and mini lessons to help support reading at home! With each station you visit, you will get a sticker. Four stickers earns Panther Students a free book pick for up to $5.00. Come for reading fun, the book fair, photo booths and crafts. We look forward to seeing you this Thursday night!
Multicultural Night is this Thursday, January 15th, from 5 to 7pm. There will be booths, posters, food tastings and performances from different countries. Dress in clothing from your heritage. Hope to see you there!
Student council had a very successful food drive this year. Steven Lee Irwin, a second grader, brought in over 400 cans of food. Here is with his parents, Mr. Maine and Mrs. Zeines.
Panther Lake Celebrates Math Night!
On November 17th, more than one hundred fifty Panther Lake students and their families gathered together to become toymakers! They created their very own rotating gymnast toy using a yard stick, a clothes pin, a couple of blocks and their imaginations. While building they used measurement, patterning, geometry, angles, multiplication and ratios. This night of fabulous math fun and was led by expert toymaker and mathematician Rick Hartman from the Build a Toy Workshop. Panther students also enjoyed a highly engaging math centered assembly called the Toy That Math Built, which culminated in a giant, moveable mechanical robot with an amazing surprise finale. This event was sponsored by Title I.