Rainier View Elementary
3015 S. 368th Street
Federal Way, WA 98003
Phone: (253) 945-3700
No School - Memorial Day
Rainier View Wind Make-up Day
Day 2 rotation day
SBAC 4th ELA CA & PT #1 & 4th/5th Math CAT
SBAC 4th ELA PT #2 4th/5th Math CA & PT
- Graduation Ceremonies Scheduled June 13 at Tacoma Dome
- No School Memorial Day; Six Schools and Puget Sound Skills Center in Session on Tues., May 26
- Summer School 2015 Registration Open
- Sherman Scores a Touchdown at Thomas Jefferson High School
- Forums Scheduled on Changing State Graduation Requirements: We Want to Hear from You
Dear PTA and families,
This new state assessment will test students on the Common Core State Standards (CCSS). Students will complete the assessment online in both English Language Arts (ELA) and Math).
The ELA assessment will test students in reading, writing, listening, and research skills. The math assessment will test students in reasoning, accuracy, their ability to model their thinking, and support their answer. The assessments include a computer-adaptive section, a classroom activity, and a performance task.
Students must complete the assessments in this order, so missing an assessment day will likely have a negative effect on your child’s performance.
As parents you play a key role in encouraging your child to do their best on these assessments. Your child will do well if they do their best and take their time. During these times it is important your child:
• Gets a good night’s rest
• Has a hearty breakfast that will provide energy and alertness
• Is present and on-time to school; try not to schedule any appointments that would take students out of school during testing times
• Does their best work
– Monday 5/11
– Monday 5/18
– Thursday 5/21
Practices will be in our gymnasium. The 7th annual district intramural event will be held on Friday May 22nd at Rainer View Elementary. Athletes must have their permission/medical forms in by Monday May 11th to come to practice. This activity is free and no equipment is required. Download a intramural permission form (same form as for track)
Park 16 elementary school students are joining the Rainier View Family starting this February. To learn more please read the Park 16 letter.
The four page parent’s newsletters provide information on topics to improve their child’s success at school. The calendars give suggestions of what families can do together each day. Both items are provided in English and Spanish.
|Parents Make The Difference English Spanish||PMD Activity Calendar English Spanish|
Information about Internet service for $9.99 available in the RVW office