Rainier View Elementary
3015 S. 368th Street
Federal Way, WA 98003
Phone: (253) 945-3700
Dec 22 to Jan 4
No School - Winter Break
No School - Martin Luther King Jr. Day
No School - Data Day
No School - Semester Break
Feb 16 to Feb 17
No School - Mid Winter Break
- Twenty-seven FW Teachers Earn National Board Certification; District among Top in Nation
- Student Superintendent Search Advisory Committee Provides Input to the Superintendent Search Process
- Emergency Substitute Teachers Needed
- King County Executive Dow Constantine Visits Federal Way Schools
- There’s an App for That! Meet the New FWPS App
Nomination are from December 4th – 19th, 2014 for current 1st – 11th grade students. Nominations are open to parents, staff, students, and community members.
To learn more open the Highly capable nomination information pdf.
The nominations form is available at: http://www.fwps.org/academics/highlycapable/ Or use this direct link to complete the form online: https://docs.google.com/a/p12fwps.org/forms/d/1B0cuvjapEV_cgIQt225AQRc8D3QNwfewQm_5GA_rD_0/viewform
Winter break for the 2014-2015 school year is from December 22nd, 2014 through January 2nd, 2015. School will resume on January 5th 2015.
Parents and students today are busier than ever. Now, Federal Way Public Schools has an app to help you stay up-to-date and involved with school no matter where you are. All you need is a smart phone. School Newsletter App
Hello Rainier View Families. As your Family Liaison at Rainier View Elementary, I’m looking forward to meeting and connecting with you, other parents and the school staff to help promote the academic success of each student. It is crucial that our students receive support from both school and home in order to be successful in their academics.
Please allow me to help you—
1. Be Informed –Ask Questions. Get to know school staff and understand the policies that affect your student’s education.
2. Be Prepared – Have a plan. Help your student and school staff understand your expectations and beliefs about respectful partnerships and good education.
3. Be Involved – Share your ideas. Help school staff discover meaningful and effective ways to support your involvement at home and in the school.
To become more aware of how you as a parent can support your child’s academic success, please review the Partnership 101 booklet (English, Español, 한국의, or Pусский), or find it at the Parent Leadership Institute website.
You can reach me at 253-945-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The four page parent’s newsletters provide information on topics to improve their child’s success at school. The calendars give suggestions of what families can do together each day. Both items are provided in English and Spanish.
|Parents Make The Difference English Spanish||PMD Activity Calendar English Spanish|
Information about Internet service for $9.99 available in the RVW office