Application processing for the 2013-2014 school year will begin March 1st.
What is the application process?
- Download the 2013-2014 Application (PDF), or obtain an application packet from your student’s school guidance counselor or at Sacajawea or Lakota middle schools’ main office.
- Middle school students must ask two teachers (elementary students, ask one teacher) in the core areas of Math, Science and/or English to complete the teacher recommendation form.
- Supply a copy of your student’s most recent report card.
- Complete the application form, including essay described below, and turn in to the Sacajawea or Lakota main office.
Criteria for acceptance into the Cambridge Checkpoint Preparatory Academy
- MSP scores of 400 or better on reading, writing, math and science, and/or passing scores on the most recent District Course Assessments
- Complete an essay in 3 paragraphs, but no longer than 1 page —
Topic: “Why do you want to be in the Cambridge program and what qualities do you have that will make you a successful student?”
- 3.0+ GPA in core academic classes, or be meeting or exceeding grade level standards
- Teacher recommendation forms from no more than 2 current teachers in Math, Science or English