Our district is participating in the Washington State 2014 Healthy Youth Survey during the week of October 13th-17th.
The Healthy Youth survey includes questions related to physical activity and diet, unintentional and intentional injury, substance use, risk and protective factors, and access to school-based services. Survey results are used by schools, communities and state agencies to plan programs to support our youth and reduce their risks.
The Healthy Youth Survey is given to students in grades 6, 8, 10 and 12 across Washington State.
Participation in the survey is voluntary and the students’ answers are anonymous.
Please read the Parent and Student Notification flyer for more information about the Healthy Youth Survey:
Washington State 2014 Healthy Youth Survey – Parent and Student flyer
Estado de Washington 2014 de la Encuesta de la Juventud – Padres y Estudiantes (en Español)
Saghalie Families, we look forward to seeing you for Schedule Pick-Ups, the 6th grade SOAR day, and the Community Barbecue! Remember, we start school on Wednesday September 3rd!
- Schedule Pick-Ups: All grade-level students MUST attend either Wednesday, August 27th 4-7 PM OR Thursday, August 28th 5-8 PM.
- 6th Grade SOAR Day: Incoming 6th grade students are invited to attend our SOAR Orientation day here at Saghalie on Friday, Aug. 29th from 12-4 PM, Parents are invited 4-5 PM for the 6th Grade Parent/Student Meeting.
- You are invited to our Community BBQ in our courtyard from 5-7 PM on Friday, August 29th. There will be FREE food, music, dancing, and basketball!
- Wednesday, September 3rd is the First Day of School and the first day of the Fall Sports Season!
For more details, Continue reading
Saghalie supports our neighboring communities, including Westway! This photo from Westway’s National Night Out. This photo includes Jennifer Cox, one of our community partners from Franciscan Health Systems, along with Dean Sharon Norton, Assistant Principal Jennifer Martyn, and Principal Marin Miller.
With the new online Peachjar system, you’ll be seeing fewer paper flyers coming home this year. See this update from FWPS for more details!
Parents — we would appreciate your feedback about Saghalie! Please fill out our online survey in English or Spanish. Thanks!
Saghalie families, our MSP testing window has started for the month of May. Please plan on being in class on time the mornings you are testing and do not leave for appointments. To find out specific dates and times for individual testing, please ask you son or daughter or contact the 1st period teacher. Good luck with your tests, and do your best work with respect and care!
Dear Saghalie Families, this is Dean Jennifer Martyn with your weekly update of upcoming events:
1. Spirit Week is this week:
- Monday: College Bound Day
- Tuesday: Nerd Day
- Wednesday: Glasses Day
- Thursday: Tie Day
- Friday: Saghalie Color Day and Pep Assembly!
2. The Talent Show hosted by Tri-M Music Honor Society is on May 30th at 2:00 PM. All participants in the talent show must attend all rehearsals on May 20 and May 21, and May 27. Keep practicing your talents!
3. Be sure to pay your fines, 8th graders. These will follow you to high school.
4. Wednesday, May 21st is Sub-Zero-Night 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm to support girls volleyball. Mention you are from Sagahlie and a dollar of every purchase will be donated back to our school!
5. Sports this Week:
Monday Track Meet at FWMF against Illahee
Tuesday Varsity Baseball at Sacajawea, JV Baseball and Volleyball games here against Sacajawea
Wednesday Varsity Baseball here against Illahee,JV Baseball at Illahee
Thursday Varsity Baseball and JV Baseball here against Kilo, Volleyball Games at Kilo
6. May 26th NO SCHOOL due to Memorial Day!
7. The AmeriCorps Team is hosting a district-wide mural design contest. Contestants will need to create a drawing that captures the diversity of Federal Way. The winner’s design will be painted by the AmeriCorps Team in a local park, and presented at an unveiling ceremony hosted by the City of Federal Way. Come by the front office to pick up your entry sheet. All entries must be submitted by May 28th.
8. Buy your yearbook for $25 and join the Yearbook Release Party on June 11th during 5th Period. Cake, Ice Cream & Music!
We truly do SOAR together at Saghalie!
Dean of Students-7th Grade
Saghalie Middle School
The Spring Online Book Fair is open until May 5th! Your online purchases will be delivered to school for free. Go to http://bookfairs.scholastic.com/homepage/sghskyhawks to find your books and place your order!