Our thoughts and prayers are with the Cooks family and the staff and students at Decatur and Saghalie as we process the loss of Dom Cooks. Many of us at Saghalie, Lakota, and Decatur enjoyed knowing “InDOMitable” and have been involved with the Cooks family for a number of years. Our hearts are with them. If any of our students would like to talk about this, or if you see student behavior of concern, please let the office know. Grief can affect us differently and we want to make sure everyone has the support they need. Thank you Dom for being a friend and inspiration for all the Skyhawks and Gators you met, and all of you for supporting this family and caring for each of our students every day.
The Spring Online Book Fair is open until May 5th! Your online purchases will be delivered to school for free. Go to http://bookfairs.scholastic.com/homepage/sghskyhawks to find your books and place your order!
- Dom Cooks Passes
- Online Book Fair Through May 5th
- 7th Grade Mt. Rainier Field Trips — 04/22, 04/29, and 04/30, 8:00-4:00 PM — turn in permission forms to your Science teacher and payments to the office — Bring food and drink, wear sun protection, use water resistant outerwear, and dress in layers
- 8th Grade STEM Project Kick-Off on Monday 04/21
- Saghalie Weekly Bulletin
- The latest Saghalie Newsletter in English and Spanish
Dear Saghalie Families,
This is Marin Miller, the Principal of Saghalie, with the weekly update of upcoming events.
First, come and enjoy some music from our outstanding Saghalie Music students! The Beginning Band, Choir, Guitar and Orchestra Showcase is Monday (3/31) in the commons at 7:00pm. The Advanced groups will be performing at 7:00pm on Tuesday (4/1). Students please arrive at 6:30pm to set up.
Second, current 6th and 7th grade SGH Course Registration packets will be sent home with students Monday (3/31). You and your student can register online through StudentVue and ParentVue or by returning the paper copy of the “2014-2015 Course Interest Survey” in the packet by Monday April 14th to the main office.
Third, our new, fun and exciting SGH Afterschool Math Enrichment program meets Monday (3/31) and Tuesday (4/1) after school! If you would like your child to be involved in this exceptional program for free, please contact Mr. Kilcup at (253) 945- 5014 or email@example.com This program is facilitated by the award winning eMode Foundation and has an outstand and proven record for helping students find a love of learning math. Check out their website http://emodefoundation.org and get your child involved for free today!
Forth, please support our outstanding Saghalie Sports teams.
Monday (3/31) JV Gymnastics meet at Totem.
Tuesday (4/1) Boys C-Team Basketball will be here against Sacajawea and Varsity/JV Basketball will be at Sacajawea.
Wednesday (4/2) Varsity Gymnastics meet at Kilo and Varsity/JV Basketball here against Kilo.
Show your school spirit and cheer our teams to victory!
Fifth, if you are interested in playing in a Spring sport please make sure your paperwork is turned in ASAP. Our first turnout is April 14th. Our spring sports include:
7th and 8th grade girls volleyball
7th and 8th grade boys baseball
Track for all grade levels.
Sixth, do you want your child to be part of ASB at Saghalie next year? If they want to be a future student leader, please have them pick up the ASB Election packet from the main office. If you have questions please ask Ms. McGavick by calling (253) 945-5065 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Finally, please remember Spring Break is April 7-11th and this year we are excited to offer a fun and free SGH Spring Break School (4/7-4/10)! This program will be fun and active. If you would like to get your student involved for free contact Mr. Kilcup at (253) 945- 5014 or email@example.com. Thank you for your support because “We SOAR Together” at Saghalie!
Marin Miller, Principal
Saghalie Middle School
Parents, students, and staff are invited to our April PTSA Meeting!
Hello Saghalie Families,
This is Dean Norton with the weekly update:
- Monday is “Wear Green Day” to celebrate all the great things happening at Saghalie including We Act Campaigns, athletics, and participation in the first all-school hallway expectations lesson. If your child does not wear green on Monday, they are expected to be in uniform.
- Congratulations Angelica B., Kaianah S., Jackson M., Aunna S., and Kaylee R. who will attend We Day Seattle next week.
- Sports Update: Boys JV, Varsity and C teams all had a great week. Tuesday, Boys Varsity and JV Basketball play at Kilo and JV Gymnastics is at home against Kilo. Thursday, Varsity Gymnastics is at Illahee and Friday, Boys C team plays Kilo.
- Clubs this week include Study Club Monday through Thursday and Math Club on Wednesday.
Remember, “We SOAR Together” at Saghalie!
Sharon Norton, NBCT
Dean of Students – 6th Grade
Saghalie Middle School
Dear Saghalie Families,
This is Jennifer Martyn, 7th Grade Dean of Students at Saghalie Middle School, with your weekly update!
1. Tuesday JV and Varsity Basketball play home against SEQ. The C-team Basketball game is at Sequoyah.
2. JV Gymnastics is on Wednesday at Totem
3. Thursday JV and Varsity Basketball play home against Sacajewea.
Varsity Gymnastics meets on Thursday at Sacajewea.
4. There is NO School Friday, March 14th.
5. Ms. Alig’s musical drama class will perform at Green Gables on Mar. 13th.
6. Our next BECCA lunch meetings are on Mar. 19th.
7. Mar. 21st the Executive Mentor Applications for Leadership are due.
8. Applications are due for IGNITE Apr. 4th.
9. Pre-Order your Yearbook now in the office for $25.
We truly do “SOAR” together at Saghalie!
We are excited that the majority of our students are choosing to participate in our “Day of Silence” on Thursday 02/06/14. The purpose is to combat bullying and to promote safety and respect. Schools around the world do this to show their support of student safety on various days. Students, we hope you are noticing that every one of you makes a difference!