Saturday, November 15, 2014 from 8:30am-4:00pm at Highline College!
The Black and Brown Male Summit is a free event that is designed to empower and encourage our 9th thru 12th grade young men of color (African American, Latino, Pacific Island, Asian and Native American) to excel in education and beyond.
The Summits objectives are to help our young men of color:
• Critique life, education and career social norms that inhibit young men of color from being recognized for their success
• Highlight the achievements in spite of the obstacles/barriers that they face
• Contextualize their self-identity socially, culturally, historically, and politically by giving the young men of color a sense of self and value of self
*****REGISTRATION IS OPEN*****
To order pictures online you will need the “proof number” you received when your picture was taken at Beamer. Proofs are in the Resource Office and will be distributed to students as soon as possible. For further information on ordering pictures call 1-800-347-4687. There will be one last retake day on November 19th for those who purchased pictures or who not had their picture taken this year.
1. Go to www.yuenluistudio.com and follow these directions.
2. Select “Online Viewing”
3. Enter search criteria: Todd Beamer High School Prepay
4. Follow directions to complete the online order process.
Associated Student Body (ASB) financial data is available for each school in the Federal Way School District.
Office Hours are: 7:00 am – 3:00 pm
**NEW** 24-hr Attendance Line (message only)
Call this number to report absences and late arrivals
253.945.2588 – Attendance Line
Call the Attendance DESK (Julie Mock) only for early dismissals and attendance concerns
253.945.2582 – Attendance Desk
Parents in order to help serve you and your student(s) better, send notes in the morning with your child to excuse absences and/or to request an early dismissal it will make for a smoother student release.
Please help us maintain a high quality school environment by wearing school appropriate dress. For further information on our dress code, you may review our District School Dress Policy.
Graduation ceremonies for the class of 2015 will be at 7pm – June 13, 2015 at the Tacoma Dome.
Additional information on the classes offered at Todd Beamer can be found in the 2014-2015 Course Catalog
Timely presence in class is a major factor to the academic success of all students at Todd Beamer High School. Frequent tardies disrupt the learning environment and prevent effective learning in the classroom. In an effort to increase student achievement, there will be a new tardy policy in place starting February 10, 2014.
Students will be expected to be in their classroom when the bell rings for that period. Unexcused tardies will be marked by the classroom teacher.
- If a student accumulates 4-6 tardies total (cumulative for all classes), s/he will receive a 1 hour detention.
- If a student accumulates 7-10 tardies total (cumulative for all classes), s/he will receive an additional 1 hour detention.
- If a student accumulates more than 10 tardies, s/he will receive additional discipline with a dean or adminstrator.
The first couple days of school, students should be sure to bring paper and pencil. Although some teachers may have a unique list of necessary supplies, the basics are always good.
||70 pg spiral notebook
Learn about what Federal Way is doing with the Common Core State Standards.