TJ’s Open House is Tuesday, Sept. 23. We hope you come to meet your student’s teachers and hear from them about the year. Please pick up your child’s schedule outside the Gym beginning at 6:15 pm. At 6:30 pm the night begins with all teachers and administrators in the Gym. Come spend an evening getting to know your TJ family and ask questions. For families of 10th graders, there is a GEAR UP Family Meet and Greet starting at 5:30 pm.
Tuesday, September 23rd, 2014
6:15 pm – pick up schedules outside Gym
6:30-8:00 pm– Open House (gym)
Thomas Jefferson High School
Open House Night
Sept. 19, 2014
As you may know, we have been struggling with significantly large class sizes in our 9th and 10th grade classes this fall. The quality of education in a class of 35-40 greatly impacts your child’s experience. As a result, the district has allowed us some additional staffing.
In an endeavor to provide your child with a better learning experience, we have created additional classes. Although having to change some of the schedules is not ideal, please know that we have given a lot of thought to this process. Our goal is that your child will experience as few changes as possible to their present schedule. We project the changes to occur by middle of next week. We will do everything in our power to make these changes as smooth as possible for your child.
If you have any questions, please contact me at 253-945-5614, or Assistant Principal Laurie Bender at 253-945-5612.
- Info for fall sports. Did you know there’s no “pay-to-play” fees this year?
- TJ Students can now receive school-day wake up calls/texts directly to their cell phones with parent permission! Download the form and turn it in to the main office.
- Bilingual students, you can earn high school credit for speaking, reading, and writing a language other than English! Learn about the FWPS World Language Competency Based Assessment, also known as the STAMP test.
- Associated Student Body (ASB) financial data is available here.
- IB Learner profile in action: learn how to help the IB school community in Methow Valley recover from devastating summer wildfires
LATE WORK/REASSESSMENT POLICY: Click Here
TARDY/ABSENCE: Important information about tardies and absences
PSSC STUDENTS: Important information regarding PSSC
IB & MYP information, including Academic Honesty Policy
SOCIAL MEDIA: Like us on Facebook
* * *
TJHS Mission Statement:
Thomas Jefferson High School aims to provide a safe, secure, and diverse environment that encourages students to be active, life-long learners. We will do this by providing challenging curricular programs that foster inquiring, knowledgeable, internationally-minded, and caring young people who actively strive to create a better world through intercultural understanding and respect.