Back to School Info
Welcome, Raider parents and students!
I hope you all have had a wonderful summer and ready for a great new year. This is a reminder that the 2014-15 school year starts Wednesday, September 3rd for all 9th grade students. This is a day where we welcome our freshmen and make them feel relaxed and happy about being at TJ.
At 12:00 we would like to invite all newly enrolled upperclassmen (10th 11th and 12th grade) to TJ for an orientation session. Students will have to provide their own transportation if they do not come to school in the morning. The students will gather in the Little Theater where they will spend time with their peers, counselors and teachers.
Our returning 10th, 11th and 12th graders will certainly have activities that they can be involved with, but there will be no formal classes that day. Our formal schedule will start on Thursday, September 4th.
Please remember the school day starts at 7:30 am. The school day ends at 2:10.
I hope you enjoy the last few days of summer with your family and friends.
- Welcome Back Newsletter
- 2014-2015 Bell Schedule
- TJHS BUS ROUTES 2014 -15
- TJHS 3rd annual Color Splash 5K is coming up!
- Info for fall sports. Did you know there’s no “pay-to-play” fees this year?
- TJ Students can now receive school-day wake up calls/texts directly to their cell phones with parent permission! Download the form and turn it in to the main office.
- Bilingual students, you can earn high school credit for speaking, reading, and writing a language other than English! Learn about the FWPS World Language Competency Based Assessment, also known as the STAMP test.
- Associated Student Body (ASB) financial data is available here.
- IB Learner profile in action: learn how to help the IB school community in Methow Valley recover from devastating summer wildfires
LATE WORK/REASSESSMENT POLICY: Click Here
TARDY/ABSENCE: Important information about tardies and absences
PSSC STUDENTS: Important information regarding PSSC
IB & MYP information, including Academic Honesty Policy
SOCIAL MEDIA: Like us on Facebook
* * *
TJHS Mission Statement:
Thomas Jefferson High School aims to provide a safe, secure, and diverse environment that encourages students to be active, life-long learners. We will do this by providing challenging curricular programs that foster inquiring, knowledgeable, internationally-minded, and caring young people who actively strive to create a better world through intercultural understanding and respect.