Please check the SPSL website* for the most current, up-to-date information regarding TJ Raider sports schedules.
*(Note: page maintained independent of TJ or Federal Way Public Schools)
TJ Student WIAA Athlete of the Week – Week 2 2015
Lydia Wolfrom finished first at last week’s 35-team Cross Country Capital Invite, with a time of 14.50 spanning the 2.23 mile race. Congratulations, Lydia!
TJ student, Lydia Wolfrom
TJ Student WIAA Athlete of the Week – Week 1 2015
Kenneth Turner helped beat the Puyallup Vikings, by scoring 32 of TJ’s 33 points. He had one blocked punt for a touchdown, one two-point conversion, four rushing touchdowns, and 189 yards on the ground. Congratulations, Kenneth!
TJ student, Kenneth Turner, with football Coach Jeff Zenisek.
There is no longer a “pay to play” fee to participate in sports!
Sports Packets for 2015-2016 fall sports are available until June 26 and again on August 17 for the Fall Sports Season. Please stop by TJ’s Athletic Office from 9-1, Monday- Friday to pick up your packet. All packets must be complete with all necessary signatures, a current physical (within the last 2 years) and insurance information in order for an athlete to attend tryouts.
- Football: August 19 (paperwork due on August 17)
- Golf, Cross Country, Girls Soccer, Boys Tennis, Girls Swim, Volleyball: August 24 (paperwork due on August 21)
2015/2016 Athletic Eligibility Information
Call Mrs. Albrecht, TJHS Athletic Secretary 253-945-5650 with any questions. In order to be eligible to participate in school athletics, students must be enrolled and regularly attending full-time. Seniors who are on track to graduate may initially enroll in one less class than the minimum number of classes required for other students.Please check the SPSL website for the most current, up-to-date information regarding TJ Raider sports. Simply click on the TJ tab at the top and then on the sport you are interested in.
Fall sports eligibility clearance is from June 1- June 26 and starts again on August 17th . Before you are cleared to turnout you must:
- Complete all forms (be sure parent or guardian signatures are included). Packets include the following:
- Physical form (Physicals are good for 24 months and must not expire during the sports season). The athletic office has access to physicals from Kilo and Totem.
- Athletic Eligibility Form (Please read first 3 pages, sign and return the 4th page)
- Athletic Participation Form (Blue) All athletes must be covered by insurance, and insurance information must be provided. If you do not have insurance, there are forms in the Athletic Office to purchase some.
- Athletic Eligibility Form (Blue)
- Concussion Information Sheet (Please read page one and return page 2 signed by parent/guardian and student)
- Medical Emergency and Medical History Sheet
- Purchase an ASB card (Starting with 2014-15 school year, FWPS has eliminated participation fees for sports)
- Have no outstanding athletic fines
- All 9th graders who did not attend Totem or Kilo need to bring a copy of 2015’s end-of-the-year grades for a grade check (Fall sports eligibility only).
- Once all the required paperwork is turned in, you will be placed on the try-out roster. Have a great season! Go Raiders!
- www.tjraiderfootball.com (Note: page maintained independent of TJ or Federal Way Public Schools)
- Cross Country
- Women’s Golf
- Men’s Golf
- Football – Varsity
- Football – JV
- Football – Freshman
- Men’s Tennis
- Women’s Volleyball
- Women’s Swimming
- Women’s Soccer – Varsity
- Women’s Soccer-JV
- Boys Basketball General Info Page (Note: will open in a new window; page maintained independent of TJ or Federal Way Public Schools)
- Boys Basketball -Varsity JV
- Boys Basketball – C Team
- Girls Basketball – Varsity JV
- Girls Basketball C Team
- Boys Swimming Dive
www.fwps.org/tj/tnf and non- district maintained Facebook page
- Women’s Tennis- Varsity
- Womens Tennis – JV
- Men’s Soccer- Varsity
- Baseball – Varsity
- Baseball – JV
- Fastpitch – Varsity