All 9th and 10th grader study a language as part of our IB Middle Years Program. Thomas Jefferson students have the choice to take French, Japanese, and Spanish during their high school careers. Students who have Spanish as a heritage language are often best suited for our unique Heritage Spanish program, which emphasizes Spanish literacy and academic vocabulary. Consult the course catalog for a complete listing of language course offerings.
Language learning resources
- Need an electronic dictionary? Try WordReference.com. Stay away from translation programs, whose use constitutes plagiarism in most circumstances.
- Do you need to brush up on your knowledge of geography of Spanish-speaking countries? Here is a great online activity to help you!
- Need help with Spanish pronunciation and want to learn some vocabulary? Or try Que Onda Spanish
- Paso a Paso book series has great online companion activities for students of Spanish!
- Want to know “cool” Spanish? Check out the BBC’s guide to Spanish idioms and slang
- How about some “cool” French? Check out BBC guide to French idioms and slang
- Check a Spanish verb conjugation here