Strategic Planning Initiative
Creating a vision for our children’s future.
Federal Way Public Schools has embarked on a Strategic Planning Initiative to develop the vision and direction for enhancing student achievement and success in the coming years.
The strategic plan will be our roadmap toward a future vision and provides unity, clarity and direction to the important work of the district.
In developing our plan, the District will use an approach that is inclusive and intentional and values all voices, and will continuously engage all stakeholders within the Federal Way Public Schools community.
This work must be collectively developed by members of our greater school community. There will be many opportunities to provide input on the Strategic Plan over the course of the year. The online survey is the initial effort to gather input, a series of forums for students, families and communities is another opportunity for participation.
We hope you’ll join in shaping what our school system should do and be for our community’s children.
Seattle Seahawks’ Kelcie McCray visited Twin Lakes Elementary to talk about the importance of physical activity for 60 minutes a day.
Self Manager Program
Twin Lakes is starting a Self-Manager program! Qualified students who show what it means to be Respectful, Responsible, and Ready to Learn will earn special privileges.
The Giving Ship
It’s that time of year! Our goal this holiday season is to provide holiday assistance to several families at Twin Lakes. There will be a “Giving Ship” located in the office. There will be a gift item for a member of one of the families we are supporting this year. If you are interested, please stop by to take an ornament, purchase a gift, and return the gift to Twin Lakes no later than Monday, December 14th. We would love donations of gift bags, but ask that gifts be dropped off unwrapped. Thank you for supporting our school community!
The Battle of the Books 2016–Selected Titles
Do you want to participate in the Battle of the Books? Do you want to get a head start on reading some of the book over the summer? Here is the list of the selected titles for the 2016 Battle of the Books:
YRC Nominees 2016
- Loki’s Wolves by K.L. Armstrong & M.A. Marr
- Colossus Rises by Peter Lerangis
- Escape from Mr. Lemoncello’s Library by Chris Grabenstein
- Flora & Ulysses: The Illuminated Adventures by Kate DiCamillo
- Middle School: My Brother is a Big, Fat Liar by James Patterson
- The Creature Department by Robert Paul Weston
- Never Say Die by Will Hobbs
Sasquatch Nominees 2016
- Jinx by Sage Blackwood
- Star Wars: Jedi Academy by Jeffrey Brown
- Serafina’s Promise by Ann E. Burg
- The Great Trouble by Deborah Hopkinson
- One for the Murphy’s by Lynda Mullaly Hunt
- The Adventures of a South Pole Pig by Chris Kurtz
- Rump by Liesl Shurtliff
- The Screaming Staircase by Jonathan Stroud
- The Prairie Thief by Melissa Wiley
Early Dismissal Details for 2015-16
Please click here for a calendar of Early Dismissal Dates